SEVEN-PEAT! GMC once again the state champs
Congratulations are most definitely in order for the Georgia Military College Prep literary team, which over the weekend won its seventh consecutive GHSA Class A state championship at the competition here in Milledgeville.
For those who may not be completely familiar with literary competitions, the Georgia High School Association defines it as "a contest in communication of prose, poetry, and/or dramatic literature,"adding that the "contest is built on communication - one in which the contestant communicates the author's meaning to the audience."
“It feels incredible to win a State Championship for the seventh year in a row,” said Mark Weaver, GMC Prep School Fine Arts Director. “Our students have worked unbelievably hard to maintain this streak and compete well. They were determined to continue the tradition of excellence and they did just that.”
Since 2013, out of the many hundreds of GHSA high schools in Georgia, GMC has the second-most fine arts state championships in the Peach State, a combination of the Literary competition and the One Act Play competition, which is always held in the fall.
CLICK HERE for the latest Kroger sales paper!
Along with the team title, the Dawgs also took home seven individual titles, as well as three state runners up. They were:
• Dramatic Interpretation – Josey Maddox, 1st Place
• Humorous Interpretation – Nikki Cumba, 1st Place
• Duo Interpretation – Wyatt Baugh and Alexis Waldroup, 1st Place
• Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking – Emma Kate Godin, 1st Place
• International Extemporaneous Speaking – Mya Hall, 1st Place
• Girls Solo – Emerson Ivey, 1st Place
• Personal Essay – Harshita Patel, 1st Place
• Boys Solo – Nathan Simpson, 2nd Place
• Girls Trio – Emerson Ivey, Abigail Johnson, and Devon Harper, 2nd Place
• Boys Quartet – Wyatt Baugh, Kenyon Shy, Nathan Simpson, and Maddox Raburn, 2nd Place
^^^Check out this video from one of our COMMUNITY SUSTAINERS, or CLICK HERE for more about the business!!!