Cooking grease fire takes out home off of Vinson Highway

Image


County firefighters had their hands full during a Tuesday evening blaze at 190 Youngblood Road.

The 63-year-old house, located toward the back end of Youngblood and closer to the old Southside school, was “fully involved” by the time that Baldwin County Fire Rescue arrived, according to Investigator Bradley Towe.

The man living there managed to get out in time, but “two dogs perished” during the blaze. BCFR has concluded that the fire began in the kitchen and involved cooking grease, Towe added.

According to some random website called fireresue1.com, you should follow these steps if a grease fire break out in your kitchen:

  • Cover the flames with a metal lid or cookie sheet. Leave the cover on until it has cooled.
  • Turn off the heat source.
  • If it’s small and manageable, pour baking soda or salt on it to smother the fire.
  • As a last resort, spray the fire with a Class B dry chemical fire extinguisher.
  • Do not try to extinguish the fire with water.
  • Do not attempt to move the pot or pan outside.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified
Spam
Offensive

Replies